To think that I was in the hospital last year at this time cuddling with my little 7 pound 7 ounce baby girl, and now here we are one year later - not too much cuddling time anymore! We are so thankful for the Lord giving Hannah to us! Happy Birthday sweet Hannah Joy - we love you!!!
Monday, July 12, 2010
July 7, 2010
Today we celebrated Hannah's special day! It is hard to believe that my little baby is already one year old! Wow, yes, time does fly by when you're having fun! I am so very thankful for my sweet Hannah Joy who came into our lives weighing 7 pounds 9 ounces at 6:51 p.m. Her name truly fits her precious personality.
Our church was doing a week long event called Synergy where the church body works together to bring glory to God through missions. The church body had 15 various mission activities throughout the entire week. Mark took 2 days off of work to build a deck for a widow lady in Tucker, Ga. I took the girls to the Lawrenceville Coop to hand out food, do crafts, and play games with the kids.
I thought it was special that Hannah was able to spend her first birthday serving the Lord, even as a one year old. It was important to me for my girls, especially Sarah being 4 years old, to see what it's like to be a servant for the kingdom. I want her to grow up being able to see a need, see when one is hurting, and be comfortable enough to show God's love to the people around her.
She is helping a little girl make her door hanger craft. My desire for my girls is for them not to be so self-absorbed and think that everyone else lives like we do, but that there are people who are in need and lacking many of our everyday things we take for granted.
When we left the Coop, Sarah said, "That was fun mommy! Can we do it again?" I am going to try not to let this just be a one time thing, and make it become a family mission we do fairly often. Hopefully, I will be consistent about this - I need some accountability!
My sweet friend, Mrs. Marlene, was helping out at the coop as well. So, she entertained Hannah while I helped the children make crafts. She is such a selfless woman - love her dearly!

Hannah and Sarah sitting in the shade enjoying a little break and some cold refreshing H20.
Later that day, we all took Hannah to the pool for her birthday.
Daddy is trying to keep Hannah from crawling out of the pool - it's quite a challenge. She is on the move!
Mommy and her girls - "Quick Mark take the picture before Hannah jumps out of my lap!"
To think that I was in the hospital last year at this time cuddling with my little 7 pound 7 ounce baby girl, and now here we are one year later - not too much cuddling time anymore! We are so thankful for the Lord giving Hannah to us! Happy Birthday sweet Hannah Joy - we love you!!!
To think that I was in the hospital last year at this time cuddling with my little 7 pound 7 ounce baby girl, and now here we are one year later - not too much cuddling time anymore! We are so thankful for the Lord giving Hannah to us! Happy Birthday sweet Hannah Joy - we love you!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment