Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Holiday Family Fun
We were given the opportunity to take the girls to a Gwinnett Gladiators Hockey game during the holidays. Our seats were the very first row in front of the rink. Any real hockey fan would have loved to be given these tickets; however, being that we have only been to one other hockey game and our seats were up a good ways, we were quite shocked to say the least!
These photos were taken when we arrived. I wish someone had been snapping photos of us during the ACTION taking place right in front of us on the glass! WOW - the girls and I were jumping and screaming on more than one occasion during the game. Sarah and Hannah even cried a few tears begging us to take them home! HAHA!!! I had the distinct pleasure of taking the girls to the bathroom while we were there. Do you sense the sarcasm!? While we were in the restroom, Sarah asks me, "Mommy, why do we have to sit so close? Can we just move back more? Or can Daddy just take us home?" We obviously did not appreciate having tickets for such "wonderful" seats!
Oh, and the hockey players are soooo mean! I never knew how violent they were - hitting, shoving, kicking, pushing, etc. I think every bully in school must have become a hockey player later in life. Not to mention the regular hockey fans that attend are quite rude, too. I don't think we will be purchasing season tickets for this sport. We need something a little less violent and loud - perhaps ballet! LOL!! Mark would love that!
The girls had fun dressing up like Mary, Joseph, and Jesus during Christmas. Sarah dressed Hannah up like Mary, and she made a manger for her to sit in. Hannah (Mary) is sitting with Jesus in Bethlehem in the Inn.
Yes, I am one of those crazy mothers you see when you are at the grocery store. The girls received a new baby doll grocery cart for Christmas, and they were eagerly anticipating their trip to Publix with their new grocery cart. So, I had a weak moment this day, and gave in to their pleas.
So, here we go walking through the very crowded Publix with 2 littles and 2 little carts. "Keep up with Mommy! Look where you are going! Get out of the way!," is what "passer-byers" heard coming from my mouth.
They thoroughly enjoyed this shopping trip - filling their carts with groceries!
Here they are trying to talk on their "cell-phones" while driving their carts. I guess this is what they see from Mommy!!!HAHAHA!!!
We made it out of the store without any tears and without any raised voices - praise the Lord, because this had all kinds of potentials for going south quick! So, the next time you see a mother at the grocery store with her kids and their strollers, just smile and remember we mothers do crazy things sometimes to put SMILES on kid's faces! I am realizing, it's moments such as these that they remember, and it's totally free fun - well except for the price of groceries! But, the fun of pushing their carts and babies is free!
We had another fun family excursion to the World of Coke in Atlanta. Once we FINALLY arrived to the tasting station, we were all happy! It was a long process getting to the tasting center, but it was fun! The girls enjoyed Sprite more than Coke.
When we left the World of Coke, it was dinnertime, and our bellies were calling for food. So after snapping this photo outside of the World of Coke, we headed to one of Daddy's favorite places, "The Varsity" for some real good food - by good -I mean - greasy goodness!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment