Mark is so proud of his "Warrior-Girls"!!
Monday, May 24, 2010
Man Turned Warrior
We traveled to Clayton, Georgia Saturday for Mark to become a "Warrior"! He and a few buddies of his decided to take part in this adventure together. This was for sure the craziest event I have ever experienced. http://www.warriordash.com/ - Check out the website.
The above photo is Sarah on her first bus ride. She was loving it. At the end of the day, she said her favorite part was - the bus ride!
We boarded a shuttle outside Chick-fil-A in Clayton along with our stroller and diaper bags. Believe me, there were very few strollers at this event, and now I know why. We stepped off of the shuttle and started up a long hill to what once was just an open field in the middle of a mountain valley. This weekend it had become an insane mud-filled stomping ground for some of the most unusual obstacles as well as costume wearers.
Yes, I have a Warrior helmet on my head thanks to my husband. This was after we coated ourselves with 60+ sunblock before Mark became a "Warrior"!
Pre-Warriors - just men!!
This was just one of the numerous obstacles in the course. There were many obstacles that I did not get to, because I was pushing a stroller, such as the following: a total of 2.8 mile course, trudging through a lake, jumping over junk cars, running over tires, climbing a wall, climbing through a tunnel, trudging through a mud-pit with barbed wire, rolling over logs in the lake, and finally jumping over fire, and that's not even all of them!
This was Mark finishing up the race at the final obstacle - a fire wall.
Now they are officially - "Warriors"!!! I am so proud of my "Warrior Husband"!
The girls were having a blast - as you can tell! I am being sarcastic of course! Sarah was quite unsure about all of the strange costumes people were wearing and painted faces. Let's just say, I probably won't be taking the girls to the next "Warrior Dash".
We finished up our road trip at a little Mexican restaurant in Gainesville on our way home. The mariachi band came to serenade us with a the song, "The Mexican Hat Dance" - there version of "If You're Happy And You Know It." All in all, we had a fabulous family day with some great friends.

Mark is so proud of his "Warrior-Girls"!!
Mark is so proud of his "Warrior-Girls"!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This reminds me of the Flintstones for some odd reason!!!! LOL!!!! Glad you had a good time, "Warrior" nephew and family!!
Looks like fun! You are a very sweet and supportive wife to push your stroller and go watch. With that helmet, you won't even need a halloween costume this year. I love it!
SOOOOO FUN!!!! Sean is so jealous he missed it - next year maybe :) :) You deserve a warrior helmet for taking the girls and going!!! :)
Those lsat two pictures are hilarious!! Hannah's expression is priceless!
Post a Comment