We started off the day with Sarah's show-n-tell this morning at 9:30. She wanted to take Hannah in today for letter "H". It was my first visit to the classroom without it being some sort of event. I really enjoyed being there and seeing Sarah in her classroom environment. I can tell she savors being with her friends and teachers.

I read this book to the girls yesterday, so we decided to be "Martha Stewart-ish" and make homemade gingerbread cookies.


We immediately started making homemade gingerbread cookies once we arrived home and while Hannah was napping of course. It was already messy enough, and I didn't need Hannah spreading anymore of the mess.

Sarah adored playing in the flour and rolling out the dough.

As you can tell the table was pretty much completely white by the time we finished.

There we have our first gingerbread man cut out.

Hannah woke up just as we were finishing up, so she was able to take in some of the gingerbread fun.

The girls savoring their warm freshly baked gingerbread cookies. I have to say, I was reminded why I go to Publix to buy cookies. I am much more of a "Sandra Lee" semi-homemade kind of girl rather than a "Martha Stewart." All in all - the girls and I had a good time making Christmas memories!
2 comments:
Looks like fun! I feel the same way about those homemade cutout cookies. Too much work! What a good mom you are!
You're the best mom!!! Love all you do with your girls!!! :)
Blessings!
Post a Comment