Sunday, May 6, 2012

"I Broke My Little Tibia Bone!"

Wow!  I cannot believe how behind I am with blogging - seriously!!!

My little Hannah broke her little tibia bone at Bay Creek Park.  She was enjoying an afternoon Daddy/Daughter Date at the park, when her tibia bone broke as she slid down a long tunnel slide.  Both girls were in Mark's lap, and the rubber bottom of her shoe got stuck on the wall of the slide.  Well, the rest is history!  She immediately began screaming!!! Nothing calmed her down - absolutely nothing!  I was at Sam's Wholesale (just arrived there) with a friend buying groceries for our church, when I get the phone call from Mark.  I honestly did not expect her little leg to be broken. I thought maybe a sprain or tear in a tendon or something.  When I arrived home and realized that not even Mommy could make the situation better.  I knew it was something more, which Mark was already convinced it was serious.  So, by this time, it was late, and I didn't want both of us sitting in an ER with sick germs surrounding us.  We decided to dose her up with Ibuprofen and wait til morning to seek medical help.  Actually, the night went great - only woke up once - poor little baby!  First thing in the morning, I got up and drove her to the ER, while Mark took Sarah to school.  After waiting for an hour just to get an x-ray, we found out that yes indeed her tibia bone was completely broken apart along with a slight fracture in the fibula bone. While we waited for the nurse to wrap Hannah's leg and give her splint, she delighted in a Popsicle while watching a Dora movie.  She was simply pitiful - it truly brought tears to my eyes seeing her in such pain and knowing her little bone was broken.  Once, her leg was put in a splint, her pain level went down drastically.
 

We finally arrived home after getting prescription pain medicine from Publix and picking up Sarah from school.  She enjoyed the rest of the day with her leg propped up, kitties surrounding her, and watching movies all afternoon!!!
We had a little art therapy session on Saturday morning, while Daddy was on top of a church member's roof ripping off shingles!  I know where I would rather be - not on someone's hot roof!!!  The girls had so much fun painting their own masterpieces on our dining room walls.  I had already prepped the walls for painting anyway, so why not let them add their artistic touch!!!  They were amazed that after I painted the new color on the walls, their masterpieces will still be on the wall - just layer after layer of course. 
So, here goes trying to figure out bath time???  We resigned to using the kitchen sink.  Hannah was such a big girl about it too!  She wanted protective covering for her eyes, so we used swimming goggles!  Totally hilarious when she first put them on - memories - love it!!!
 
There's my happy smiling girl with her new purple cast!!!  She chose purple as her favorite color!  She is helping me make banana pudding for 30 people to take to a church function. 
Wow - I get presents for having a broken leg!!!???  Her present arrived in the mail from Baba and Papa!!!  Lots of good stuff to keep her occupied for 4 weeks!  Thank you Baba and Papa!!!
BIG Bubble Fun outside! 
We went to see Grammy with Hannah's purple cast!  We were quite the family there at rehab with Grammy's 2 broken legs and Hannah's 1 broken leg!
Broken leg or not - it didn't stop us from enjoying an afternoon at the strawberry farm in Watkinsville.  We LOVE some juicy ripe strawberries!  Sarah and I picked strawberries while Hannah held the bucket for us!  Team effort!
There's my sweet girls!!!
So cute with Boots sleeping on top of Hannah! 
Sarah has really enjoyed learning and experimenting on my sewing machine.  She completely designed and sewed an apron for me using my old scraps!  Her creativity is beautiful!!!



No comments: