Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers Day and Few Randoms

I loaded these photos backwards, oh well, at least they are posted - right!
Our sweet friends, The Brodgon's, allowed their daughter Ellie to spend the night before her birthday with us. So, when she woke up, she turned SIX!!! I prepared her favorite breakfast meal for her: bacon, eggs, toast, and grits! If she only knew how special she should feel, because I do not cook my girls fancy breakfasts - at all. It's cereal or cinnamon toast around here. Happy Birthday Ellie! We were thrilled to share your special day with you!

We have spent a lot of time cooling off at the local YMCA pool. We love it - they have an indoor and outdoor pool to choose from - perfect for us pale people!
The girls are swimming a ton! Hannah wants to do it herself, or "self" as she says.
Sarah is swimming really well, especially after taking private lessons at the beginning of the summer. Her confidence level has improved tremendously!
Oh, how I love this cutie-pie!!! If Sissy has goggles, then Hannah has to have goggles too!
We celebrated Father's Day by enjoying a relaxing day at home after church and then had Grammy and Grandpa over for dinner. Grandpa and Mark were privileged to eat their dinner on the special red plate.

I am thankful for a wonderful husband who continues to demonstrate a Godly example of what a father should be. He is eager to get home from work to spend special time with his girls and is always looking out for the best interest of his family. We love you Mark - Daddy!

No comments: