Friday, September 23, 2011

Petting Farm

It's that time of year again for the Gwinnett County Fair 4-H Petting Farm. I have always loved taking the girls to this each year, and it only costs $2 per child with adults being free equals great cheap entertainment. I have taken Sarah since she was 6 months old, when my sweet friend, Rebecca, introduced me to it. This year it was a little bitter/sweet though. My little-big girl is in Kindergarten this year until 1:00, so I decided to make it a Mommy/Hannah date. I really missed not having my Sarah Grace with me for the festivities.

However, I know that Sarah gleaned from her solo time (3 years) at home with me, and it was extra special to do something just for Hannah. As you know, each time another child is added, one-on-one time is limited even more.
We invited our friends Mandy, Levi, Mack, Andrea, Audrey, and Addison to tag along with us as well to make it more exciting.
Hannah and Audrey checking out the adult chickens. I didn't tell her that's what we're eating for dinner tonight! SH!!
Hannah's deciding whether or not to touch the sheep. She became more brave as we went a long. She enjoyed touching the small animals, and she left the larger ones alone - probably very wise.
Mandy and her boys checking out the baby ducks.

Hannah petting a baby duck very gently. I think her favorite animals were the baby pigs. She kept talking about the pigs and how they were digging with their noses in the dirt. They were pretty "stinkin" cute with those curly little tails.
Hannah was loving her chocolate milk. She sipped on that little tiny carton of milk for at least an hour and ended up wearing a lot of it as well. Here we are checking out the mama cows. The brown and white one is my favorite. I can't help but think of my Granddaddy whenever I see cows, because raised them his entire life. Wow - he would be 99 this year! Praise the Lord for memories!
Hannah and Audrey watching as the lady demonstrates how to milk a cow. Look she's still sipping on that carton of chocolate milk.
Oh dear me! It pains me to watch this cow being hooked up to this horrible device to suck her milk out. All of you breast feeding Mama's out there can relate. I am looking forward to selling my pump one day!
Look at little Hannah at the very end of our visit, and she's still holding to the carton of chocolate milk. We had a great day and enjoyed being with friends. We'll see you again next year petting farm.

No comments: