Friday, March 30, 2012

March Randoms

Sarah's kindergarten class took a field trip to the Interactive Kids Museum (INK) in Gainesville, GA.  Hannah and I were excited to be able to "tag-along" with them for the FUN!!!  Mark and I enjoyed a Saturday afternoon at INK last month with the girls, so it was fun to take them back so they could experience the stations they especially enjoyed the first time.  Above photo: Hannah playing veterinarian.  Below photo: Sarah doing some grocery shopping!

The next several photos are from our play-date with the Nash girls at Fort Yargo State Park.  We went to enjoy some fun at the park and to take in some experience from the Colonial Times.  Mrs. Andrea is reading a book about a little girl who lived during the Colonial times while we enjoyed  a picnic lunch.

Here we are inside a log cabin at Fort Yargo State Park that is used during the Colonial Days which are held here once a year.  The lady here is wearing all of the garb in which a proper lady of the pioneer days would have worn.  There were many other people acting out the real life roles in which pioneer people actually experienced.  These people literally sleep in tents over night here in the park, just like they did in this era, they cooked muffins, washed dishes over handmade fires, made corn-husk dolls, made real pottery right in front of us using a spinning wheel and a mound of mud, made handmade wooden furniture out of logs, and much more.  It was extremely educational and worth the experience for the girls.  Wow - praise the Lord - He did not bring me into this world during pioneer days.  I am thankful for sooooo many things these days!!!  I grew up watching "Little House on the Prairie" - so this was wonderful seeing how Laura Ingalls lived back then.
Sarah had her BFF spend the night with us, and they played "spa."

This was one of the first warm days of the season, so of course, the girls insisted on pulling out the hose!!!  And it starts - the days of wet clothes, wet bathing suits, and wet towels!  Love it!
I was thrilled to celebrate with my BFF as she -finally- married her prince after waiting for him for 33 years!  She and I have prayed for many years that she would find the "right" man, and she did!  So, we celebrated her marriage on March 24 in Augusta at First Baptist Church. 
Yes, I am the pale one on the right - above.  These are the GCSU girls in the wedding party!
Leslie looked beautiful in her "bling-bling" wedding dress!  Leslie and I met in 9th grade, and we have been steadfast friends ever since.  We had a great experience going to college together as well.  I am so happy for her and Joey and look forward to being "Mrs. Aunt Amy" to their many kids!!!!  Hee-Hee!!!!

No comments: