Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Some Fun Easter Preparations

Oh, I just love Easter time - the cool mornings, warm days, pops of color in nature, pastels everywhere, birds, eggs, green grass, bare-feet, flip-flops, shorts, gardening (without a green thumb), grilling out, chocolate, park days, and of course, far more important than any of these the resurrection of our Lord and Savior! If it weren't for the glorious Easter day, we all would be destined for the pits of hell. Thank you Jesus for giving your life and shedding your blood for my sins!
Did I mention chocolate??!! I just adore chocolate!! So, when I came across these adorable marshmallow chocolate pops, I had to make them! Some of the pics were loaded out of order, so the pics of Sarah helping me make them are below.
I spray painted a clay pot with chalkboard paint, stuck oasis foam in the bottom of it, put some beautiful pastel grass over the oasis, and stuck the chocolate marshmallow sticks in the pot to make a precious edible mouth watering arrangement.
Mark's sister, Leslie, is getting married in June. So, she picked out these precious elegant dresses for the girls to wear. She graciously allowed the girls to use them for Easter as well.
Mark brought them home from work one day last week, and they were ecstatic! Sarah immediately started disrobing, putting on her necklace, her bracelet, hair bows, dress-up shoes, and grabbed her bride doll. Of course, Hannah just followed "Sissy's" lead. They danced around and twirled in their beautiful flower girl dresses.
Sarah's class had their Easter celebration with an egg hunt.
Hannah had fun joining in the fun with all of the big kids!
AH! Here's the photos of the chocolate marshmallow pops. I covered the marshmallows with chocolate, and Sarah drizzled them with pastel sprinkles.
Team Work!
Now, Sarah is helping me make chocolate bird nests treats. BTW - we did all of this while Hannah was napping. I don't think I could have handled that many "cooks" in the kitchen.

We covered chow-mein noodles with chocolate, but I think I will use pretzels next year.
Then, Sarah placed jelly beans on top of the nests.
We also made our traditional Bunny cake. I iced the cake, and Sarah decorated it.
Finally, we made homemade bread, well homemade by my standards. I used bought bread flour instead of grinding my own grain (Aunt Shari - that's for you!)!!!
I made the bread to try to teach Sarah about Jesus being the "bread of life." I think it went a bit over her head, b/c I was getting her to tell Mark why we made bread, and her response was, "I don't know Mommy, we just made it for dinner."
Way to go Mommy! Maybe I need to brush up on my teaching!
Like I said at the beginning of the post, I adore this season of the year! Happy Easter / Resurrection Day to all of you! I hope you were able to spend some time the kitchen making some yummy fun treats for your family.

1 comment:

Amy R. said...

Those choco marshmallows were sooo good!