Sunday, July 24, 2011

Gymnast Graduate!!!

We are proud of our little Gymnast!! She graduated from her beginners class this summer. She took for 3 months at Southern Gymastics and Cheer in Loganville. Her confidence increased and she thoroughly enjoyed each and every class.
We met some new friends at the gym too. Funny thing: Her name is Sarah Grace, too! The girls had fun getting to know each other in class.
This is some of Sarah's independent writing that I just wanted to share with the ones who love her and would be proud of her. You can enlarge it to see better. She wrote this completely on her own and did great with her phonetic spelling.
The above says, "Hannah is going to bed and in Hannah's bed she played and she played with Carebears. And Sarah was writing. And Daddy was working. And Mommy was reading."
I helped her with 2 words: Carebears and writing.
This one says, "Sarah and Hannah went to the beach and they played in the sand and in the sand they played with buckets."

I still cannot believe she is going into Kindergarten in just 4 days! Wow, I am going to miss her terribly, but I know she is going to learn and have fun with her new friends and new teacher. It is such a reminder that our children are not ours to keep forever. We must train them up, prepare them for being independent, God fearing, productive citizens who can stand on their own two feet. Granted this is only Kindergarten, but each year will bring a new element to God's plan for their lives, and we are simply here to guide them towards the ultimate goal of being attached to God for the rest of their lives. What an honor and privilege to be given this responsibility! I love you Sarah Grace! I look forward to seeing all of the wonderful things you will learn this year, and I am so thankful to be part of your journey!

No comments: