I still cannot believe the time has already come for our little girl to finally be in 5 year old kindergarten. Wow! It seems like just yesterday when I was rocking a tiny 8 pound 2.8 ounce baby on the front porch waiting for Mark to get home from work. Now, here we are 5 years later starting kindergarten.
This little sweat-heart is a girl after my own heart! I found a note in my desk drawer in Sarah's handwriting that said, "Mommy, I love you! Sarah" So sweet! Then, she had hidden a note in Mark's tool bag saying, "Daddy, I love you! Sarah" Let me tell you, my eyes started watering! I used to do this to my parents all of the time. I have never shared that with her before, and she just started doing it on her own! LOVE IT!!! Heart was melting!!
Okay, enough sappy - right, because honestly, Sarah has been super excited about started school. We went on Monday for the "Meet Your Teacher Day," and she left even more excited than before. All day long, she was saying, "Mommy, I am so excited about school!" Obviously, my heart was extremely HAPPY to hear her saying this!

The above photo is from "Meet Your Teacher Day," and she made a froggy craft. S and I love her classroom!!! Those who know me well, know that I like frogs so much that I used frogs everywhere in my own classroom when I taught first grade. So much so, that I even had pet frogs in the classroom. Therefore, naturally S has become an avid frog fan!

This is the morning of her first day of school! I saw this adorable pencil vase on pinterest.com for teachers. So, I simply used a large empty soup can and hot glued 39 pencils to the outside which only cost $1. Then, I tied some black/white check ribbon (which I already had) around it, and used a little wooden chalkboard tag that I made several months ago to the front. I placed a large plastic drinking cup inside the soup can for the flowers and water. Sarah chose red roses for her teacher, Mrs. Kim. The roses were only $7 from Walmart, hopefully, she will be able to reuse the vase over and over again throughout the year.

Sarah picked out her own outfit for the first day of school. I was given a clothes organizer with the days of the week on each cubby hole when Sarah was a baby, so I have finally pulled it out for her to use. She and I have had fun picking out her outfits for each day. She has brand new sneakers, a Hello Kitty lunchbox, and new hair clips she picked out especially for her first day of school.
As we were getting ready to walk out the door, Hannah had to have her lunchbox as well. So, she went to the pantry and pulled hers out and started stuffing snacks in it. The saying, "monkey see - monkey do". She is a cutie-pie!

Sarah getting acquainted at her new school, new desk, new teacher, and new friends! She is a brave little one!

Daddy is so proud of his little-big girl!

I was hoping I didn't embarrass her too much coming in wearing my running attire. Hannah and I were planning to take in a visit to the YMCA so I could get a run in today.

Hannah had fun with the container of match-box cars.
There ya go! We left her sitting at her desk coloring a cute little frog. Now, let me tell you, when I picked her up, she was all SMILES!!! She said, "Mommy, you packed me too much food for lunch!" (side note - Mark and I had put little love notes to her inside her lunchbox.) Then, she said, "I want to go back to school!" I said, "You mean you don't want me to pick you up?" S- "Yes, I just want to go back to school!" Me- "Oh, Sarah, you don't know how happy that makes my heart! I am so happy to hear you say that!" We asked her later what her favorite part of the day was, and she said, "meeting new friends!" Makes my heart go pitter-patter!
1 comment:
Wow! Those comments really bring back memories.
The notes, lunch box. I found your Hello Kitty thermos & soup thermos while cleaning out the cabinet!
Mama
Post a Comment