Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Fall Fun In The Farley House
I have been inspired by Pinterest to do some of my own fall crafts and to emulate some as well. You know how I love to decorate the house seasonally anyway, so I just enjoyed creating a few new things for Autumn.
I made these Autumn place-mats for Grammy's breakfast table. I would have loved to keep them; however, cats and decorative things on tables do not mix well together, unfortunately for me.
I should have ironed the place-mat before I took the photo, but you all know me and irons-right!? I did at least iron them before I took them over to Grammy. I love the color contrasts of the black and orange.
I copied this idea from Pinterest. I just fell in love with the simplicity of the wreath. I wrapped green moss garland around a Styrofoam wreath form from Walmart, hot glued three petite glistening pumpkins, and wrapped some burlap around the top. It's hanging in my breakfast area.
I made a second green moss wreath, because I liked it so much. This one is hanging in our "multi-purpose" room, aka playroom.
I saw this idea on Pinterst, as well. I combined two ideas into one though to kind of make it my own. I decoupaged a polk-a-dot "F" on an artificial pumpkin, then added various complimenting ribbons around the pumpkin and added some frilly ribbon to the top. It's probably one of my favorite additions this year.
I have been wanting to do a burlap banner for a while, because I have seen them on so many blogs and on Pinterest. So, I finally took the notion to make one. It was super easy, especially with hot glue. I just cut out four burlap triangles, printed the word "FALL" on the printer, then traced and cut out the letters on the orange and white fabric. Then, hot glued the letters to the burlap, and finally, hot glued the ribbon across the top of each triangle.
This is my shutter shelf area in the living room that I love to change out seasonally. You will have to enlarge to see the details. My favorite addition this year is the glittery pumpkin on the window. I found the brown wooden pumpkin trivet at Goodwill for $1.40. I had Sarah paint it orange, and then we added some sparkly orange glitter to it.
I made this sign out of my old nursery drawer front. I sanded the drawer down and removed the drawer pulls, then painted it with some leftover paint samples, added some brown paint to give it an aged look, and finally added the vinyl lettering. You may have to enlarge to see the details.
This is a cute space, at least I think so. I made this plate platter several months ago, and I just change it out seasonally. This time I placed petite pumpkins, petite pine cones, and a "Fall Fun" tag.
I always have fun displaying and changing out seasonal decorations. I hope you and your family are getting ready for this beautiful Autumn weather. We love this time of year at our house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment