Sunday, October 9, 2011

Some Fall Fun & Festivals

On our way home from our camping trip last weekend, we stopped at a roadside apple stand to purchase some yummy mountain grown apples. I have a feeling they were simply Wal-mart apples rebagged - oh well, it's the tradition of it that I love. As a child, I remember taking mountain trips with my grandparents, and on the way home, we would stop to buy baskets of apples. Fun memories to continue with my girls. It seems that plastic bags have replaced cute baskets though - boo!!
Since we had a bag of apples, the girls and I decided to make homemade applesauce. They had fun using my fancy "Pampered Chef" apple corer.
The girls taking turns stirring the applesauce as it cooked.
We added some brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, and water.
We had the applesauce with dinner; however, the girls were not too impressed with the homemade version. I guess "Mott's Applesauce" has won their taste buds.
As the girls and I were heading out Saturday morning to the Bethlehem Star Festival, we decided to track Mark down on his 22 miler morning. He started running at Tribble Mill Park (a local park), left his truck at the park, and ran ALL the way home. We found him around mile 18, so we greeted him with cheering, "GO DADDY!! GO DADDY!!!" He is amazing with his dedication and determination to meet his goals!!! We are super proud of our MAN!
The girls played on the jumpy houses for a while and got their faces painted as well.
They decorated little tiny pumpkins.

The girls had fun on the pony ride. Hannah rode the pony completely without Mommy holding onto her - WOW!!! She's getting to be such a big girl!

After the Start Festival, we had our church Fall Festival that evening to attend. So the girls started the evening festival with the swings.
Sarah is loving some cotton candy - Hannah not so much though!
The girls having fun waiting for the fire engine jumpy slide.
We had a very eventful weekend! I love business; however, it will be nice to have some down time at home this week as well.

No comments: