Oh - BTW - My van is burgundy not blue!!! If I were going to personalize my license plate, it would not say "TRI MOM"!!!
Monday, October 4, 2010
TRI-MOM
My latest goal has been to complete a sprint triathlon, which is swimming a quarter mile, biking 12 miles, and running 3.1 miles. I have come full circle over the past 14 months from zero motivation to run to completing my first sprint triathlon. I am thoroughly enjoying the new challenges and pushing myself to levels I never thought were possible for me. So, here is my new license plate!!!
This is the swimming portion - in a parasite infested lake - in October!!! I am in the lake swimming in this photo - somewhere out there.
I am choosing not to post the pic of me exiting the lake - some images are best left out! This is me leaving on the bike portion on my S-L-O-W mountain bike. I was so tired of hearing people passing me saying, "On the left!" as they rode on their 10 speed street bikes. If - no - When - I do another tri, I WILL definitely be riding a street bike. I feel like I lost a lot of time on this portion because of lack of good equipment.
The girls enjoying the fun while their Mommy is out torturing herself! I am thrilled that Mark and the girls were able to be there to support me and cheer me on. I would not have been able to complete my goal if it had not been for Mark's support and motivation. He rearranged his schedule many days so I could go out for some training. Thank you Babe!
This is me finishing the bike portion and entering the transition area. My legs were literally shaking uncontrollably when I dismounted the bike. I thought how in the world am I supposed to get these legs running when I cannot even stand up. Some how they worked it out, and I was able to get going.
This is me starting the run portion of the race as I was saying to Mark, "This is harder than childbirth!" Not really - but I tend to exaggerate when I am in the moment!!!
This is me coming to the finish line - full force as hard as I could push it!! I was so overcome with emotion at the end. Mark was looking at me like what is wrong with you??!! It was all of the emotions of not sleeping for a week because I was anxious and nervous, hours and hours of training, completing a monumental goal (for me that is), and being female that I just lost it at the end. It was a great feeling of exhilaration!!!!
This is my running partner and friend, Amy R, who tortured herself with me. We decided to challenge ourselves together with this monumental goal, and we both succeeded well above what we had anticipated!!! I am so thankful I was able to run the race "along side" such an awesome person and special friend!!! She and I left home at 5:30 a.m. to get the race at 6:30 a.m. for body marking.
My sweet and supportive family standing next to me cheering me along!!!
Amy R and her family enjoying the day with us. Mark, the girls, Amy R's husband, and her kids left home at 6:30 a.m. to get to the race by 7:30 to see us for the swim portion. They just barely made it in time to see us exit the lake.
We had a wonderful day and enjoyed a delicious lunch at Cracker Barrel (my favorite) after the race! I am so thankful I decided to challenge myself and accomplish this personal goal. I am pondering what my next goal will be. I have to give God the glory for the entire day - HE completely took care of every concern on my heart!!!
Oh - BTW - My van is burgundy not blue!!! If I were going to personalize my license plate, it would not say "TRI MOM"!!!
Oh - BTW - My van is burgundy not blue!!! If I were going to personalize my license plate, it would not say "TRI MOM"!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment