Thursday, March 17, 2011

Really??? Already???

Is she really already FIVE years old???!!! Is she really old enough to attend kindergarten next year?? Is she really old enough to be reading??? Is she really old enough to be writing sentences?? Is she really old enough to completely buckle herself up without any help??? Is she really old enough to completely dress herself solo??? Is she really old enough to help Hannah brush her teeth??
Wow! Our little sweet-pea isn't a baby anymore! I still remember her birthing day like it was yesterday; although, it was a l-o-n-g exhausting day for Mark and ME, it was the most exciting blessed day of our lives.
I was so excited about taking cupcakes for Sarah's class to celebrate her birthday. It's one of those cheesy "Mommy" things, I guess.
We celebrated all day long, starting out with a big blueberry muffin. Hannah and I sang Happy Birthday to Sarah with a candle in her muffin. Mark leaves at 6:30 on Thursday mornings to make it to the men's church breakfast group.
Sarah enjoyed having the girls' new kitties sit with her while we waited on Daddy to get home so we could leave for the zoo. I just realized I haven't posted anything about the kitties before now. We went to adopt one kitty last Saturday, and yes, I am a "sap" or a "sucker" is what Mark would call it. We came home with 2 kitties instead. I just couldn't bare to leave the brother in the cage all alone. Sarah named her kitty "Boots," and Hannah named her kitty "Meow." The girls are having a great time with the kitties, so it's worth all of the extra effort to take care of them - I guess!!! It's official, we are the CRAZY CAT FAMILY now!!
Mark arrived home early from work, so we could spend the afternoon at Zoo Atlanta. What made the trip even more enjoyable was that we paid NOTHING to get in!!! We used this special deal (http://www.southernsavers.com/2011/03/georgia-residents-free-family-pass-to-zoo-atlanta/) through our local library and it was totally FREE!!! I packed a picnic lunch of pb&j's, so the only purchase we made was for ice cream before we left! We spent a grand total of $12.96, and had a fun-filled day at the zoo.
The girls starting out at the flamingos. Sarah enjoyed reading the map, like Dora, to tell us which way to go. Since it was her special day, we let her lead the way!


Stopping for our picnic lunch. Sarah has a mouth full of food in the pic - sorry sweet-pea!
This pic was totally unplanned - Love it!!!
Here we are posing in the giant lemur nest.
Break time - figuring out where to go next and trying to find the ice cream!
Yes, we finally found ice cream at Flamingo Joe's.
Here we are about to leave, so I had to get one last family photo.
Sarah's favorite animal was the baby giraffe.
We went back to see the elephant before we left, because he wasn't out when we walked out before. The elephant was giving himself a literal mud-bath. We almost got splashed a couple of times.

The girls had fun at the playground for a long time until we finally had to pull them away. We were ready for the next leg of our special day. We were heading to Stevi B's pizza, Sarah's choice!
Hannah wiped her plate clean several times. She ate 2 whole pieces of pizza. Sometimes, I wonder where she stores all of the food she eats. After we left Stevi B's, we headed over to the softball field for Mark's church softball game. The girls always have fun playing and watching Daddy play softball. It was a long day, but we finally arrived home at 9:00. We had a fabulous day celebrating our precious little Sarah Grace and making her special day all about her! I love you Sarah Grace!

1 comment:

Amy R. said...

I love the cupcakes! Sounds like a very busy, but fun day! We will have to make it to the zoo soon.
Happy b-day Sarah!